Today, we’re just going to share a small list of facts that might be of interest to those who love the piano. These aren’t amazing new facts but I was surprised by a few when I was researching into writing this post. I hope you enjoy our random facts!
- There are over 12,000 parts in a piano, 10,000 which are moving and was invented in 1698 by an Italian Bartolomeo Cristofori. There is still one of the original pianos at MET Museum in New York City.
- There are more women who play piano than men who are the average age of 28. There are actually 18 million non professional players in America alone.
- During 1869 the U.S. produced 25,000 pianos together valued at $7,000,000; during 1910 production was 350,000 pianos valued at $100,000,000! American love pianos.
The word piano is a shortened form of pianoforte (PF), the Italian word for the instrument (which in turn derives from the previous terms gravicembalo col piano e forte and fortepiano). The Italian musical terms piano and forte indicate “soft” and “strong” respectively. – Wikipedia
- The famous Steinway pianos that have become the benchmark for well-crafted pianos could have had a completely different name. Henry Steinway changed his name from Engelhard Steinweg after arriving in the United States and starting his own company.
- Piano although a stringed instrument is usually considered a part of the percussion family because it uses a hammer to hit the strings which makes the noise you hear. It also has 88 keys with 36 black keys and 52 white keys.
- Finding truly the best piano movers in Chicago, you need to do your research or give us a call cause we are the best or visit our website at pianomoverschicago.org.
Hope you found these facts fun and interesting. Now watch this amazing 4 year kid play the piano. We have never seen anyone play as well as he does. It’s absolutely amazing!